Learn English in New York
Visa Information - Learn English in USA - Brooklyn School of Languages New York

Visa Information

Note: The information contained on this page is particularly sensitive. Frequently Visa regulations are subject to change without notice. We will not accept any liability for the information given below. It is strongly recommended to confirm with the respective US consulate or embassy before making any travel decision.

Travelling without a Visa (Visa Waiver Program)

EU and Japanese citizens may travel to the United States for business or pleasure without a visa provided they have a valid passport, a return or onward ticket, and will stay for no more than 90 days.

Tourists and business people who take advantage of this program may not extend their stay in the United States beyond 90 days and may not change their visa status.

To enter the U.S. on this Visa Waiver Program, travelers from participating countries must be:

  • A citizen of one of the countries named above, traveling on an unexpired passport AND MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF INDIVIDUAL MACHINE READABLE PASSPORTS.
  • Your core intention is to be a tourist
  • You will participate in an English program that is less than 18 hours of class per week

And if entering the United States by air or sea must be holding a return or onward ticket. If travelling on an electronic ticket, a copy of the itinerary must be carried for presentation to the immigration inspector.


  • Specific details regarding the Visa Waiver Program are available on the U.S. government Web site.
  • Students who wish to study in a program of 18 clock hours or more per week should enter the country with an F-1 student visa.